Inner cone plug in terminations are made of silicon, are fully insulated and can be used for connection of ground cables to transformers, light switches and connections equipped with female bushing. This bushing is designed according to DIN EN 50180 / 50181 Standard for size 1 (630A), size 2 (800A) and size 3 (1250A).
- All the bill of materials are integrated without any need for adaptor.
- Fast installation due to the termination being integrated, and reduction in any mistake in installation
- The stress control is integrated with the body and there is full control over the electric field
- The termination is designed in a way that makes it quite resistant to short circuit.
- Given the characteristics of silicon, its installation is easier than the EPDM tpe.
- These terminations do not catch fire and do not produce smoke
- They are resistant to acid, alcohol and oil products as opposed to the EPDM type
These terminations are presented in three types:
- 630-A Straight termination size 1 – 12 / 24 / 36 kV
- 800-A Straight termination size 2 – 12 / 24 / 36 kV
- 1250-A Straight termination size 3 – 12 / 24 / 36 / 52 kV
The bill of materials of male termination is as follows:
- Metal pressure ring
- Cone clamp
- Pressure plate
- Silicon insulator with integrated stress control
- Pressure spring plate
- Cable input gland
- Place of insulator
- XLPE cable
Table of tests administered on plug in male termination: